http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/26/opinion/krugman-springtime-for-toxics.html
This week, Paul Krugman, a columnist for the New York Times, writes about the EPA standard on mercury and air toxins for power plants. In his own opinion, this is a wonderful action by the EPA. Mercury from power plants gets in the water supply and fish that we use, endangering unborn and young children. But, he explains, from a Republican point of view these regulations are not good news. He compares current Republican attitudes to previous years. In 2008, it was "possible to be both a Republican in good standing and a serious environmentalist" exemplified in John McCain's statements on global warming.
But today, Republicans are completely against environmental regulations, no matter what the benefit is. Jon Huntsman once was in favor of conservation. But he quickly changed his mind to denounce it as a “regulatory reign of terror”.
Krugman's report unveils the difference between personal and political beliefs. Further speculation is needed to determine the extent to which political beliefs are smothering personal ones for personal gain and party politics. This could be the reason why our country is finding it difficult to progress, economically and politically. Because people in the government are not looking out for the country, rather they are in it for the furthering of their party's power.
OMG I DID THIS EXACT STORY FOR LAST SIX WEEKS!!!!
ReplyDeleteHAHA, YEAH I FOLLOWED KRUGMAN AS MY COLUMNIST...
LOVE YOUR BLOG BACKGROUND! I KINDA WANT TO CHANGE MINE, BUT I LIKE IT TOO MUCH...
OK I FINISHED MY RANT, I'M GONNA DO MY MONDAY MATTERS NOW.
KATIE
haha i just saw this after a while...
ReplyDeleteTHATS SO CREEPY O.O
just like that one boston massacre pic!! well great minds think alike xD
lol yeah this is the 2nd background ive had :)